Tuesday, January 27, 2015

UPCOMING4.ME Dark Intelligence Review




"Dark Intelligence" is Neal Asher's long awaited comeback to Polity universe and is something of a blinder. To be honest, I desperately wanted it to be great so I'm pretty chuffed that it really is. Long gone are the days when authors were just a name on the cover. Today we, as readers, are often treated to insights about their private lives, their real-life views, interests and passions. In my opinion we're better for it because often you learn to appreciate the authors for what they are and not just because they're, well, such talented writers. So through social media I was aware that Neal had an extremely tough year behind him and I can't even imagine how hard it must've been writing "Dark Intelligence". And yet, contrary to his previous very bleak Owner trilogy, his new one somehow feels carefree and effortless. It brings together all the best bits of the Polity universe while at the same time providing an excellent entry point to newcomers. It's simply a damn good book.

Read the rest of the review here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Neal,
I just received my copy of "Dark Intelligence" via amazon and it's amazing.
Unfortunately I couldn't fail to notice that it's 23,6cm (9.1") high instead of 19.7cm, like every other book of yours and looks rather ridiculous besides the perfect line that are your other books in my bookshelf. And I can't find a version which fits, so is there or will there be a smaller version?

Thanks,
Frank

yodinator said...

Just ordered from bookdepository.

Thanks Neal - your writing is a genuine treat.

Jono

Neal Asher said...

I don't know the sizes, Frank. There'll be hardbacks and large format paperbacks out in the UK and the US and next year there'll be mass-market paperbacks...

Thank you, yodinator.

Anonymous said...

Neal, gutted that I cannot make your book signing tonight in London. Hope it goes well and looking forward to reading the book over the weekend in Copenhagen! D