Monday, December 14, 2009

C is Cherryh and Clarke

And another one with a books missing. Where the hell is my copy of Wyrms by Orson Scott Card? I think that's probably the best book of his I've read.


ORSON SCOTT CARD

ENDER’S GAME –

SPEAKER FOR THE DEAD

.

JACK L CHALKER

EXILES AT THE WELL OF SOULS

QUEST FOR THE WELL OF SOULS

THE RETURN OF NATHAN BRAZIL

TWILIGHT AT THE WELL OF SOULS

MIDNIGHT AT THE WELL OF SOULS

C J CHERRYH

HESTIA

EXILE’S GATE

THE CHRONICLES OF MORGAINE

SUNFALL

FORTY THOUSAND AT GEHENNA

MERCHANTER’S LUCK

ANGEL WITH SWORD

THE FADED SUN (TRILOGY)

VOYAGER IN NIGHT

PORT ETERNITY

THE PALADIN

ARTHUR C CLARKE

IMPERIAL EARTH

REACH FOR TOMORROW

EARTHLIGHT

THE FOUNTAINS OF PARADISE

CHILDHOOD’S END

THE DEEP RANGE

HAL CLEMENT

MISSION OF GRAVITY

JAMES COULTRANE

TALON

D G COMPTON

THE CONTINUOUS KATHERINE MORTENHOE

CHRONICULES

MICHAEL CONEY

BRONTOMEK

9 comments:

Owen Roberts said...

Really? Better than Ender's Game?

Neal Asher said...

Yup, I think so.

Unknown said...

Mr Asher,

I am enjoying these glimpses of
your personal SF collection and
the chance to view some of the
cover art of British SF paperbacks.
Is that the work of Chris Foss on
the Blish books?

Grim's Reality said...

Not many A C Clarkes in there.

Neal Asher said...

Definitely Foss, Ian. I too am enjoying looking at them again, since they've been sitting up in my loft for a number of years. Bit of a nostalgia trip.

Graeme, as I said before, this is my collection and only a fragment of what I've read. That being said I'm thinking of buying the 2001 onwards series.

vaudeviewgalor raandisisraisins said...

quick question. anyone recommend Chalker books outside of the Wells series? clueless to that. might have been an Ace double book i read and thats it.

ditto on the foreign artwork. was Fossed out in my early teens. not Fosse like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBBoQxLQ9Rk
cuz i was sorta chubby back then. it was Giger, Frazetta, Jim Burns, then Foss.

on a note of pure hilariousness to scam the world:
L. Ron's marketing space planes to people with money. believe!
http://file.sunshinepress.org:54445/scientology-hubbard-class-viii-xenu-tape-hifi.mp3

not B-52s as i thought came thru space but, amazingly, DC-8s ........apparently! that makes alot more sense. uh...cents.

Anonymous said...

The Chronicles Of Morgaine still gives me nightmares, I felt it was that bad.

Anonymous said...

Read Ender's Game - liked it a lot and am actually reading Ender in Exile at the moment, so we'll see how that pans out.

Not read and of the others, but have read some Clarke (The City and the Stars being my favourite) and debating about getting around to Childhood's End as I've heard it's good.

Neal Asher said...

Vaude, I don't know of any others by Chalker, though I really ought to check. Foss for me on the early books, then Giger when he started to appear in Omni magazine.

Skar, I loved them, which shows you just how subjective it all is.

Mark, loved the first couple of Ender books. It was only when I read Xenocide that I started to see the preachy stuff others had mentioned.