Monday, December 21, 2009

Green Man Review.

Cat Eldridge over at Green Man Review certainly seems to have enjoyed Orbus:

Now imagine fighting a Prador armed to, errr, its mandibles. Not a pleasant idea is it? It gets worse. Without giving away anything (or at least not too much), consider that there is something even worse than the strongest Prador. Much worse. And that being is manipulating the entire Prador race here in an attempt to make sure what that being wants to happen will happen. Throw in extremely deadly military hardware that can literally destroy planets if need be, thousand year-old post-humans who are perhaps more alien than the Prador are, and a well-armed military drone with its own agenda. This ain't state of the art space opera of thirty years ago, or even a decade ago -- it's perhaps the best space opera I've ever read, and that's saying a lot as I've read space opera for over thirty years now.

Thanks Cat!

2 comments:

eva05 said...

I literally just finished Orbus. It is a masterpiece. I love the twists and intrigue punctuated with incredible violence...ahh the Graveyard and Prador....

Now I have enjoyed/loved every book I have purchased that you have written. But I thought it would be impossible to top Polity Agent....but I have been proven wrong again (I actually thought it would be tough to top Line of Polity until I read Polity Agent ^_^;)

I generally spend around $60 a copy to get them because I can't wait for the US editions(when they come out) and I buy them from smaller bookshops that will hand pack the books with extreme care because Amazon.uk has never managed to put a near mint/mint copy of one of your books in my hands. (They have no problems shipping just about everyone else though >o<)

Keep up the great work.

Neal Asher said...

eva05, as I advise everyone who wants to get hold of my books in the US: try The Book Depository. Reports about it from US fans have been good and it does FREE international shipping.

Glad you're enjoying the books, and there's plenty more to come!