Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Foreign Editions

An email from one of my German readers has reminded me that I'm being neglectful of my foreign readers. I do have numerous books that can be bought, signed, in German and French, and a smaller number of them in Russian, Czech, Portugese and Japanese. Here's a selection:







Of course, perfectly demonstrating just how multilingual some nationalities are, an awful lot of my German readers don't bother with the versions in their own language and read them in English.


7 comments:

hromotlk said...

how much it costs signed Czech edition of Skinner?

Graeme. said...

Love the sail on the cover of the French Skinner.

Neal Asher said...

hromotlk, the Czech price is 239 crowns which converts to £8.30. Postage, as far as I can work out, will be £6 to £8 so if you are interested I will have to check. I only have one copy to spare of this book. I suppose it would be nice to own the only signed copy of the Salamander award winner in Czechoslovakia.

Yes, it is a beautiful cover, Graeme. The French publisher has come up with some good ones.

Jimmy Devine said...

Hey Neal, did you notice the cover with the one armed man is from John Meaneys "Context" ?!!?!

Jimmy Devine said...

Or it's was "Paradox".... But def been used on one of John's books!

Neal Asher said...

Jimmy, yes, of course I did. The original covers for the German editions were all re-used. The first cover they did for Gridlinked had a spaceman on it surrounded by loads of floating black monoliths...

Jimmy Devine said...

Hey that's quite a compliment!! Although, I knew that you would know!!