Wednesday, November 30, 2011

More From Crete.

Just during the last few days I asked Mikalis, the guy who built our ruin, to do some work on the walls surrounding our house. It's nice to have someone we can trust to get things done and who sticks to an agreed price (something of a rarity there). Here's the pictures he recently emailed me of work in progress and completed














I've now managed to send him the money for this work, and I wonder if he'll immedately be pulling out of his bank and putting it under his bed, which seems advisable considering the state of the Greek economy...


6 comments:

Chrish said...

Nice job!

Neal Asher said...

It is nice, I'm not contemplating whether to tell him to do the retaining walls below the front garden.

Grim's Reality said...

I love that form of stonework.

Neal Asher said...

It is beautiful, but not very waterproof.

Neil said...

I do love a nice stone wall. Why's it not very waterproof?

Neal Asher said...

It's limestone, Neil. It tends to suck up any water that lands on it, and that house doesn't have damp courses. I have been steadily treating the stone but I've a way to go yet and it's a bit like painting the Forth Bridge.