Monday, October 04, 2010

Rick Kleffel Review

Nice email from Rick Kleffel:

Neal,


I just did an event with Guillermo Del Toro last night; hosted a Q&A with him at the Kabuki Sundance Theater in San Francisco. I gave him a copy of The Skinner to read, which I think he will enjoy quite a bit. He loves monsters every bit as much as you and I do. Hope you saw my bit on The Technician:

http://bookotron.com/agony/news/2010/09-13-10-news.htm#n091510

You are really kicking ass. I'll let you know what he thinks of the book when next I speak with him.

best,

Rick Kleffel

I'm thinking that Mr Del Toro might already know my name, since he's involved in that Heavy Metal movie I provided a load of material for, but The Skinner? Wouldn't that be great...

8 comments:

Grim's Reality said...

It's entirely doable, with modern cinematographic techniques.

Send him your complete back catalogue. The world (well Sci Fi nuts), needs something new and visually stunning.

The Gabble would make a great mini series. Like the Outer Limits tv series. This then leads to further major cinema releases. You just need to be involved in the screen play and editing so they stay true to the books.

Michael Stone said...

Spatterjay on celluloid would be awesome! The sailing ships, leeches, the titular monster...!

Jebel Krong said...

i'd like to see your stuff done by someone like blur studios - with the cqi available today it could be done very well on a reasonable budget.

Del Toro's a decent director, with a penchant for unique material - i'm sure he'll love the skinner.

AngryMurloc said...

Let's hope it amounts to something. I would love to see The Skinner on the big screen. Was the first of your books I read and it is still my favourite.

Unknown said...

Neal:
Have you got any news/date as to when "Voyage" is going to be published in the US?

vaudeviewgalor raandisisraisins said...

he will hire Wayne Barlowe for it.

happy times.

Unknown said...

Was just thinking last night how The Skinner could make an awesome film. I say "could" because I've been disappointed by many films of great books.
Mr. Del Torro has a great pedigree. We can but hope.
In cinemas 2015?

Anonymous said...

If anyone can bring The Skinner to life...