Saturday, November 13, 2010

Art and Stuff

Last year, or early this year, I started an art competition, and there was a website (subminds) displayed down at the side of this blog where people could submit their pictures. Now I'm in the embarrassing position of having thrown a party no one came to. Well, I know for certain that at least one person sent something in so, if you could send me an email Vaude (I think you've got my eddress).

Moving on. Today, we're heading into Chelmsford where I'll be popping into Waterstones there to see if they would like me to sign some of their stock (they usually do). Prior to this, on my excellent new Samsung laser colour printer (more about that in the future) I printed up some of my bookmarks. However, it's noticeable that none of them have the new Jon Sullivan covers on them. I considered sitting down and mucking about designing some more. However, now I'm thinking about doing another competition. 

Anyway ... another competition. If you fancy having a crack at designing some bookmarks based on the Jon Sullivan covers (obviously with my blog address on there too), please let me know in the comments section here. Prizes will be maybe signed copies, maybe a Jon Sullivan poster or two -- I'll decide if it turns out that this is a party people will turn up at.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll certainly give this a go. Illustration isn't really my thing but design I can handle.

Unknown said...

Sure - count me in!

Anonymous said...

I'd be quite interested in giving this a go, only because it's a little something I used to enjoy doing way back and haven't had the chance to play around in photoshop for too long. Of course, they'll probably be completely shite.

Huan said...

I'll give it a crack, You can always point at mine and laugh:)h

brent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brent said...

ah think thats fixed.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2s9ekqs.jpg

quickly threw these together, not that great, but ohwell!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun, i'd defs give it a go :)