A science fiction writer's blog.
I gave up hope a long time ago. When people stopped looking forward to the future, and instead concentrated on the now it was all finished.
A bit grumpy are we? The Cretan blues maybe? Stopped drinking?Cheer up! There's nothing new, the people have liked that sort of muck as long as the earth exists. Dancing with the stars is still a lot more civilized than feeding christians to the lions :):):) (tempting, tempting) No serious, it is as it is and you're not going to change it, you just poison yourself if you focus on the stupidity around you too much, turn a 99 percent blind eye to all the shit going on ( the other 1 percent of your attention should be focused on what is going on around you because you want to know when to get out of there as soon as they start to pick up people at 6 in the morning in vans with blinded windows hahahaha)
Sturgeon's Law:"Ninety percent of SF [science fiction] is crud, but then, ninety percent of everything is crud."
Ah, but there is hope. When the electricity supply starts to fizzle out, all those people won't be able to watch their favourite TV shows and the resulting tsunami of mass rage will accomplish what us few motley sceptics and malcontents have not been able to do so far - turn the country upside down and knock a little sense into our so-called leaders!
You're right Neal.Take away your freedoms, your savings and your dignity - no prob.Cancel one of the Idols/Wannebestar programs and you have hell.
Sure thing, Alex. People aren't hurting enough yet to start asking questions. The problem is that when they are it might be too late.Xanares, that was Alex, not me. Anyway, nice freezing cold winter, Ireland's financial collapse, shortly followed by Purtugal, nothing agreed at Cancun... Should be a good winter.
I knew there was a reason why we never bothered replacing the TV when the last one imploded. Well, rather, let's say we have a screen plugged into the PlayStation so we can watch movies or listen to music, but no whiff of an antenna.
Don't read too much into x factor etc,society needs its pressure valves plus I think there is a plus to 'water cooler' programmes.
just remember the ole' Bill Gibson quote..."the future has arrived, it's just not evenly distributed yet";)
Post a Comment