Saturday, December 12, 2015

Walk to the Crouch

I went for a walk yesterday and this time took a camera. Last year I took some pictures of a water tower that was in the process of being converted into a home, and this year it appears all but complete.




Sorry, but I am not impressed. To me the additions are not in keeping. It’s a bit like someone wanted to extend their home but couldn’t afford real foundations and matching materials so bolted on a wooden shed. Personally I would have enclosed the space below with curved walls matching the tank of the tower and if I’d wanted to extend above I would have used a matching wall too. Perhaps they wanted to retain the water tower’s … water toweriness? Perhaps they weren’t allowed to do more than they did? What do you think?


Anyway, whoever lives there will certainly have a  good view of the Crouch from the upper balcony thingy.



As usual I walked along the road then down by the river. All was grey and bit naff and I was layered up with clothing to keep warm. Here are a few shots of the river and the boat yard but, as I well know, very little looks good when the sun isn’t shining on it.  
  


It was a good day for me yesterday – surprising considering how grey and horrible it was – only spoiled a little by some negative shit visiting my skull in the evening. Was it because I was tired? I don’t know. I’ll take the day as a victory anyway. I still feel a bit crap this morning but I’m fighting it, aware that I can sometimes feel normal/happy.

4 comments:

Sashky said...

Hi Neal, here's a programme you may be interested in concerning your part of Essex http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06mtn8g

Unknown said...

meh.... its gets a 3/10 for me.... what a chance missed for a space ship :-/

Neal Asher said...

Thanks Sashky.

Yes, Ian - lot of chances missed there I think.

Dan said...

I think it looks quite nice