Sunday, December 26, 2010

Who Reads my Books: Kerri & Guy Slaney

Hello Mr Asher,


My name is Kerri Slaney and my husband Guy and I are both big fans of your books.

He's a civil servant working for DFT in Transport Security and I'm a commercial scheduler for a few niche channels like CBS Reality & the Horror Channel.

Guy's been a fan of your for many years and is more interested in sci-fi whereas I've always been more of a Pratchett girl. That said a couple of years ago on holiday in Scotland he'd bought along Prador Moon and Alastair Reynolds House of Suns, so I read both and adored them. I read Prador Moon twice that week and have enjoyed all the series, particularly Brass Man.

We're really a geeky couple, so I've attached few pics of our library of books and Guy's Mr Crane character from the Champions Online which I think is rather spiffy.








Best wishes and Merry Christmas to you & your family.

Kerri

6 comments:

Bob Lock said...

Cool Mr.Crane!

Martin Sommerfeld said...

Yeah, spiffy indeed! :-)

Fader209 said...

Love all the models and general neatness going on dude :)

Also related, I literally just finished making a Millennium Falcon model like the one in the pic =D

Grim's Reality said...

I think I see the Necroscope series on those shelves? Excellent.

Jebel Krong said...

best mr crane i've seen! awesome :)

Gronda said...

Wow, thanks for all the nice comments!

And yes, that is the Necroscope series, although I think there have been a few more published since I last looked.

I am quite proud of the Mr Crane, and with the speed transport power in Champions, he runs in a suitably odd manner :)