Sunday, February 27, 2011

Z is for Zelazny, Mostly.

Here's the last of my general SFF collection. I may yet put up something about the collectible books I've obtained since entering the publishing world too. But how about something from you? My brother suggested something along the lines of the first favourite five (alliteration there for those waiting for another 'On Writing'). Send me a photograph along with some explanation of why you like the books, or maybe some history of your acquaintance with them.


GEORGE ZEBROWSKI:
THE OMEGA POINT

ROGER ZELAZNY:
JACK OF SHADOWS
ISLE OF THE DEAD
TO DIE IN ITALBAR
DEUS IRAE
LORD OF LIGHT
A DARK TRAVELLING
DAMNATION ALLEY
CREATURES OF LIGHT & DARKNESS
NINE PRINCES IN AMBER
THE GUNS OF AVALON
SIGN OF THE UNICORN
THE HAND OF OBERON
THE COURTS OF CHAOS
KNIGHT OF SHADOWS
PRINCE OF CHAOS
BLOOD OF AMBER
SIGN OF CHAOS
TRUMPS OF DOOM
MY NAME IS LEGION
DOORS OF HIS FACE THE LAMPS OF HIS MOUTH

3 comments:

Atomic Hairdryer said...

Top 5.. tricky. In no particular order-

Asimov's Runaround. Introduced me to the laws of robotics.

Saberhagen's Berserkers. Robotic law breakers.

Your Cormac series. AI's with attitude? What more can one ask for? Tech doesn't quite work as intended, and we have to learn to live with it. Still not sure which is my favorite character, Sniper, or the sail that learns economics.

Gibson's Sprawl Trilogy, mainly for Molly. Also like women with attitude, and Neal Stephenson's YT deserves an honorable mention.

Richard Morgan's Market Forces. I lived in London during the early '90s, so was there, did that and never again.

But praise be to the SF writers for telling us just what might happen if we take that genie out of the bottle :)

Disco Stu said...

How do I send you a picture?

Oh boy...I'm such a noob...8)

Neal Asher said...

For the both of you here. My email is at the bottom of my biography to the right. If you could also send a picture of those books, Atomic?