Friday, January 16, 2009

On the Big Screen.


Caroline and I went to Macmillan yesterday, then on to lunch with the new senior commissioning editor for PanMac, Julie Crisp, and Peter Lavery, now retired from everything bar the part he loves, the actual editing, so he can still set writers quivering in their boots whenever he reaches for a pencil. Some interesting stuff, like the huge spread I have in DeathRay Magazine (more about that later), like changing my cover picture and, when the IT guys arrived, setting up a Macmillan-based website for me. But all that’s not the point of this post.


As usual on these visits, we were let into the lobby, signed in, then waited to be collected. Whilst there I gazed at the big flat screen they have up on the wall which has a constant slide show of books, their blurbs and taglines. I’ve sat there many times before hoping to see something of mine come up, but never seen it until now. It’s there, at last! Damn I’m sad.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I'd rather it was Cormac going on the 'Big Screen' (though I could see 'The Skinner' being easier to do).

My first thought at that title was "Oh Christ what crap has he seen now!".

I was expecting a review of Beverly Hills Chihuahua.

Neal Asher said...

Nope, haven't seen anything to moan about lately. I think that my problem is that when I enjoy something I often don't mention it.

Saw some bits about those little canine suckers on GMTV this morning. Any good is it? I might check it out...

Chris said...

You know you're finally famous when you see your name on TV. Congrats Neal.

Just read my first book of yours recently ("Sable Ketch"). Hooked. +1 fan.

Neal Asher said...

Glad you enjoyed the book, Chris. Incidentally, Sable Keech is a follow-up to The Skinner (the book, not this blogspot).

Thud said...

You work hard and you get a thrill from the rewards both large and small...seems fair to me....enjoy.

vaudeviewgalor raandisisraisins said...

tell me when they start showing that movie stateside. have to do with the window display at Borderlands sf, ca.

Neal Asher said...

Thanks, Thud.

Hey, Vaude, I'd like to see a photograph of that.

vaudeviewgalor raandisisraisins said...

would be swell if the hairless cats are pawing the window at the same time. will see wart i can dew.