Friday, March 20, 2009

Gabbleduck - Robert McGregor

Here's another one:


Please accept this as a submission for your drawing contest. My father and I are great fans of your books and between us we own just about all of them with the exception of The Gabble, Orbus and Shadow of the Scorpion. I have a hunch that your depiction of AI will influence some young reader, somewhere, to actually set about making such things possible some day! Hurray!

Consider yourself held responsible for our collective fates.

HA HA HA.........(only partially joking.......)

KEEP WRITING!

6 comments:

vaudeviewgalor raandisisraisins said...

Giger alien goes goofus. great stuff!

Anonymous said...

Now this is totally not how I imaged Gabbleducks.

BUT... I think it will be from now on. That is amazing. The hands across the belly is exactly how I see them sitting/resting.

Anonymous said...

Good drawing.

Neal Asher said...

It's not what I imagine but certainly very good, and like David I could certainly see this as a gabbleduck. The head is excellent, though the legs are more like those of a heroyne.

Djester13 said...

Has anyone else felt that the 'Word Verification' we are subject to when posting is very much like conversing with a Gabbleduck?

Djester13 said...

I love the head and the rest actually. It's just that my image of a Gabbleduck has always been of a very large and squat duckbilled platipus sitting upright. Not quite sure if he's furry though.
Excellent drawing.