Monday, March 08, 2010

Cretan Things

Since the sun is starting to put in an appearance and I am presently typing all my Crete journals into a file, I'm thinking more and more about Crete. Now, is my table still okay? I found it in a village dump, stripped it, re-glued it and stained and varnished it. It now resides in Nectarius and Elly's house next door where it served during their 'kazanis', which is a name attributable to a raki still, the place where a raki still can be found or the party they have whilst stilling the raki - I haven't made my mind up about that just yet.

6 comments:

Bob Lock said...

The wife said to say you have nice legs, however I was admiring the way you handle your tool...

Neal Asher said...

I'll handle my tool as much as I like!! Glad to know your missus likes my legs - mine is jealous of them.

Jebel Krong said...

hell i was impressed by your manly pose and look of complete satisfaction...! ;-)

Xanares said...

Like the wine in the window. I definitely want to move south again in a couple of years when gf is done in London.

Neal Asher said...

Jebel, I'm never happier than when I'm making or repairing something, and that I'm doing the latter of those in the hot sunshine while sipping wine ... hence the look.

Xanares, it's Sitia white wine - also our preferred tipple when sitting at a beach bar after a dip in the sea. It's a hard life but someone's got to do it.

Xanares said...

Haha, indeed Neal. Will try that one out if I can find it outside Crete. If not, there is only one way.