Thursday, February 11, 2010

Good Morning Midnight -- Reginald Hill

Finding less and less in the SF world that floats my boat, I'm reading more of this sort of stuff. Very enjoyable, enough twists, turns and kinks to satisfy even me. Dalziel in this is very much like he's portrayed by Warren Clark, but Pascoe is nothing like the moody and taciturn version played by Colin Buchanan. Also noticeable that Pascoe is not divorced from Ellie in this, book twenty-one of the series. Now why did they have to do that in the TV version? Are we not sufficiently engaged unless one of the lead cops has a miserable home life? 

2 comments:

vaudeviewgalor raandisisraisins said...

Breaking Bad & The Wire. that's what i got. you got Dexter so....

Neal Asher said...

One of my prezzies was an omnibus of the first three Dexter books, which I'm looking forward to.

Currently reading an SF book in typescript: Ian Whates 'The Noise Within' - the name of an AI starship.