Friday, February 12, 2010

Who Reads My Books? Paul Schofield.



Hi, my name’s Paul Schofield and I’m 46. I’ve been  married, to Gill, for the past 20 years. I’ve lived on the Fylde Coast in Lancashire for all my life. We have no kids. We do have three boisterous cats; two Siamese and a tabby.


We love America and spend as much time there as we can. New York and Vegas are our current favourites. I’ve enclosed a picture of the wife taken in Quark’s Bar in the Hilton Las Vegas at The Experience Tour. He did offer me 3 bars of gold pressed latinum for her, but how could I accept? Have you seen the price of gold these days? Doh!


I’ve been a big fan of Sci-Fi since reading the Day of The Triffids and The Tripods at school. I’m a big fan of Arthur C Clarke, Greg Bear, Stephen Baxter, Peter Hamilton and Greg Bear, among many others.


I work for Jobcentre Plus, in a Contact Centre, in Blackpool. It was once the home of ERNIE, the Premium Bonds number generator. I’ve worked for The Man for the last 29 years, and probably will for the next 29 too. It pays the bills...and that’s really all I can say about it. God that’s depressing!


Last March I had a second heart attack and spent 3 months at home recovering. I discovered Neal’s book Gridlinked on Amazon one day, ordered it and couldn’t put it down. I quickly ordered the other Cormac books in the series and they got me through my rehabilitation, and saved me from daytime TV!

 

 

2 comments:

Michael Stone said...

Hurrah, somebody that isn't a nuclear physicist, mathematician or high-flying software consultant. No offence to those that have gone before, like. :)

Paul, are you drinking that beer or blowing a tune on the bottle?

vaudeviewgalor raandisisraisins said...

'Paul, are you drinking that beer or blowing a tune on the bottle?'

a musician no doubt. spitting image of Tommy Hall 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHK9vj0VE7w