Sunday, November 11, 2012

And at the BBC...


I guess the fact that they were put through the mangle over cutting that program about Jimmy Saville led program makers to feel they had carte blanche on the next target. The complete lack of judgement kicked in as soon as they heard the words ‘Thatcher’ and ‘Tory’. All this was of course exacerbated by a complete lack of sensible oversight. Yeah, George Entwistle needed to resign because quite obviously he wasn’t worth his huge salary. But next a sharp knife is needed to cut out some of the diseased wood. It’s easy enough to spot – just check on who regularly buys the Guardian. No, strike that, it’s probably paid for out of our licence fee and then distributed free in Broadcasting House.

Oh, and I’m seeing twitters about how this is distracting from the child abuse. Do these people think that being accused of paedophilia isn’t abuse too?  

2 comments:

Bob Lock said...

The whole debacle is highlighting how antiquated the BBC is and how perhaps it's time for a re-thinking of the corporation which no longer instills in me the confidence that it's an impartial public service.

Neal Asher said...

Quite simply it needs to go. The only thing that ever had me thinking otherwise was the adverts on commercial TV, but that was back when ITV seemed the only alternative. There are many alternatives now. I don't see why I should fork out for a licence to pay a broadcaster that is probably less than 20% of my viewing. Nor do I like paying for a broadcaster that is institutionally leftist and thoroughly biased.