Friday, February 26, 2021

Who Reads my Books Stevan Apter

My first Asher was Prador Moon. i recommend it to friends as a gateway drug. I can't eat soft-shell crab without having queasy associations ... gee thanks Neal. Like others around here I started reading SF around age 10 - the Heinlein juveniles. then quickly discovered the paperback rack at the local drugstore: Methuselah's Children, Childhood's End, Rebirth (The Chrysalids), Starship (Non-Stop). Harlan Ellison!! My academic background is philosophy (logic & metaphysics), and while I still read in this area, I've lost the appetite for writing. Contemporary academia strikes me as hell on earth. My wife Rebecca is the SF novelist R M Meluch (space-Romans!). I earn my living as a programmer, specializing in the various array programming languages (APL, K, J). My first programming job (1970) was working at the pole for the US Antarctic research program. Asher writes faster than I can read -- I can't keep up. 

My website is nsl.com, and here we are at a convergence con a few years ago:


And here with the kind folks who put me up for a month in their longhouse in the village of Madobak on Siberut - despite the corbusier spectacles and big stupid clown-shoes.


And finally here I am in Ajijic Mexico with our beloved wolf-dog Jermiah.


Note: I often chat with people via DMs and it was only when in passing Stevan mentioned his wife that I recognised the name. Obviously it is not a common one, to me anyway. Memory switches clicked down and I had to ask, 'Is this your wife?' The book has been in my collection for some time. That it is there means I very much enjoyed it.
                                       -- Neal Asher


8 comments:

David Clan said...

Knight Noble Publishers is the Best Academic Publisher in UK which accelerate the process to publish as KNP is the Best Academic Publisher in UK to publish research papers

David Clan said...

We provide best Research Paper Publication in UK. our research paper publication services in UK includes unique rapid process Our experts not only improve your research paper, but we make sure that all the elements are successfully implemented to get the quality work.

David Clan said...

We provide best Research Paper Publication in UK. our research paper publication services in UK includes unique rapid process Our experts not only improve your research paper, but we make sure that all the elements are successfully implemented to get the quality work.

David Clan said...

KNP offering the best Research Paper Editing in UK Our Research paper editing in UK give you the opportunity to get selected for publishing the Research paper in best journal UK

David Clan said...

Our company’s editorial board Review your research paper applies the Best Proofreading Service in UK, our best proofreading service in UK ensure that your Research Paper is prepared by following the appropriate criteria

David Clan said...


Duke Lord Publishers provide best Research Publishing Services in UK. Our Research Publishing Services in UK enables your research to be judiciously publish.

David Clan said...


Paper Lords provide best Academic Writing Services UK. Paper Lords, best Academic Writing Services take charge and produce a paper that will provide you coursework help should be completed.

Nino Nurmadi , S.Kom said...

Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom
Nino Nurmadi, S.Kom